When I make French Onion Soup I know my family feels loved. That makes me happy. A big pot of buttery caramelized onions, fresh herbs & garlic, nice rich beef stock, topped with an over-sized crouton smothered with cheese. It’s LOVE I tell you. Continue reading »
39,958 total views, no views today
I never realized how often I include caramelized onions in my cooking until I started to post my recipes. Caramelizing anything intensifies the flavors. Intense flavors are good. Here’s an easy step by step of Caramelized Onions. Continue reading »
32,057 total views, 3 views today
This dip is slightly sweet and incredibly yummy. The caramelized onions are the star!
- For the Caramelized Onion Dip…
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make caramelized onions, cook onions in butter stirring occasionally until the onions soften and caramelize.
- Once the onions are a medium brown, remove from the heat and add the vinegar.
- Place the onions and vinegar into a small food processor.
- Add the honey and mustard, and process or blend until smooth.
- Add the mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste.
9,741 total views, 2 views today