I’ve always loved how the Niçoise Salad looks on a plate. Today it was lunch. The ingredients speak for themselves. We treated ourselves to a piece of fresh tuna which we dipped in sesame seeds then seared. The dressing was champagne mustard, white balsamic, olive oil, minced shallot & garlic, fresh tarragon leaves, sea salt & fresh cracked pepper.
The flavors were as lovely as the pictures.
Niçoise Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
- 6 oz. ahi tuna seared
- 1 Tbl. sesame seeds
- 1 Tbl. canola oil
- 2 eggs hardboiled
- Handful of green beans blanched
- 8-10 heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 8-10 mini new potatoes cooked until fork tender
- 2-3 thin slices of red onion
- Assorted olives
- 1 Tbl. capers
- Mixed greens
- 1 Tbl. champagne mustard
- 1 Tbl. white balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbl. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbl. minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 Tbl. tarragon leaves minced
- sea salt & fresh cracked pepper.
- Roll edges of ahi tuna in sesame seeds.
- Sear tuna in 1 Tbl. canola oil over med-high heat for 1 minute per side, then thinly slice.
- Prepare hardboiled eggs.
- Gently boil potatoes until just fork tender and remove from water.
- Drop green beans in boiling water and blanch for 1 minute, remove to an ice bath.
- Arrange salad ingredients on a platter.
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients and lightly pour over salad.
10,690 total views, 3 views today