The inspiration for this Hot Cuban Dip was the Cuban sandwich I had enjoyed the day before. With every bite I took I was reminded of how much I loved the flavor combination.
That sandwich was amazing and huge. Took half of it home for inspiration. When I suggested recreating those flavors in the form of Hot Cuban Dip, there were smiles all around.
Ingredients: shredded Swiss cheese, diced sweet ham & Spanish pork (available at your deli-counter), chopped dill pickles, cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard and fresh cracked black pepper. Mix it all up (I wore disposable gloves and went in with my hands – so much easier). Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden on top and bubbly.
For my low-carb eaters out there….this ones for you!! Meaty. Cheesy. Delicious. For my Healthy Choices buddies, everything in moderation.
Hot Cuban Dip
- 1 8- ounce block cream cheese softened
- 1 8- ounce block Swiss cheese shredded (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 lb. Spanish pork sliced 1/8-inch think, then diced
- 1/2 lb. sweet ham sliced 1/8-inch think, then diced
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mustard I used Dijon
- 1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- Cuban bread or baguette for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dip ingredients. Transfer to a 2 quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until golden on top and bubbly.
- Serve with sliced Cuban bread or baguette.