The inspiration for this Hot Cuban Dip was the Cuban sandwich I had enjoyed the day before. With every bite I took I was reminded of how much I loved the flavor combination.
That sandwich was amazing and huge. Took half of it home for inspiration. When I suggested recreating those flavors in the form of Hot Cuban Dip, there were smiles all around.
Ingredients: shredded Swiss cheese, diced sweet ham & Spanish pork (available at your deli-counter), chopped dill pickles, cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard and fresh cracked black pepper. Mix it all up (I wore disposable gloves and went in with my hands – so much easier). Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden on top and bubbly.
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese, softened
- 1 8-ounce block Swiss cheese, shredded (about 2½ cups)
- ½ lb. Spanish pork, sliced ⅛-inch think, then diced
- ½ lb. sweet ham, sliced ⅛-inch think, then diced
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup mustard (I used Dijon)
- ½ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- Cuban bread or baguette for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dip ingredients. Transfer to a 2 quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until golden on top and bubbly.
- Serve with sliced Cuban bread or baguette.
7,860 total views, 12 views today