I love hash. Growing up in New England it wasn’t unusual for us to have Hash and Baked Beans with our eggs for breakfast (or dinner). I’m not really sure if that was common in all households or if it was just that Mom loved them both so much. This Pork & Sweet Potato Hash is a great way to use last night’s leftover pork.
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork (leftover from last night's tenderloin or roast)
- 1 cup cubed cooked sweet potato
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 sprigs fresh lemony thyme, leaves only minced
- 2 fresh sage leaves, minced
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 2 Eggs
- sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
- In a heavy skillet, add 1 Tbl. olive oil and saute onion until tender.
- Add cubed pork, sweet potato, and fresh herbs and cook over medium heat pressing down ingredients to brown slightly, turning occasionally.
- Once hash has heated well and gently browned.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with poached eggs.
7,190 total views, 1 views today