It’s St. Patrick’s Day! How does one day draw in sooo many people?
AND that we’re a melting pot society…who wants to claim to be Irish at least one day a year :)
St. Patrick’s Day seems to span across continents, dialects, and generations. We’re looking for permission to drink. Beer. And make Irish Soda Bread…so we can turn it into Patty Melts on St. Paddy’s Day. That’s my theory. And the St. Patty’s Melt was born.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 Tbl. olive oil
- 4 slices mozzarella or Swiss cheese
- 2 oz. shredded cheddar
- 8 slices Irish Soda Bread
- 4 Tbl. butter
- Combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- In a medium skillet, sauté onion in olive oil until nicely browned. Reserve.
- Cook patties to desired doneness, remove from heat, top with cheeese, cover and allow to rest.
- Build Patty Melt like you would a grilled cheese. Butter bread slices, layer burgers, cheese, sautéed onions, and grill both sides until golden brown.
6,201 total views, 1 views today