Avocado, Tomato & Basil Omelet.
There’s nothing complicated or new to learn from this post. It’s just a reminder to use your fresh herbs every chance you get. They can take a ho hum omelet and give it a bright pop of flavor. That’s just what fresh basil and scallions did to our tomato and avocado omelet. Havarti cheese came along and gave it a big group hug.
These were some of the fresh ingredients we had on hand. Omelets are the perfect chance to get creative and incorporate a serving or two of veggies into your day. Make it a good one.
Avocado, Tomato & Basil Omelet
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbl. milk or cream
- 1/2 tsp. Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning
- pinch of salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 2 Tbl. fresh ‘soft’ herbs like basil, parsley, tarragon, cilantro
- 1 small plum tomato sliced
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1 slice Havarti cheese
- butter for pan
- Whisk together eggs, cream and seasonings.
- Melt butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture and gently swirl the pan to spread evenly. Using a rubber spatula carefully lift edges of omelet, allowing uncooked egg to run under. Continue until no runny egg remains on top. Flip omelet (I remove from heat, lay a paper plate over pan and turn over; then slide back into pan).
- Lay tomato, avocado, scallions, herbs and cheese down the middle of the omelet. Fold over one side, then slide out of pan onto plate, folding over other side.
8,496 total views, 1 views today