Avocado, Tomato & Basil Omelet.
There’s nothing complicated or new to learn from this post. It’s just a reminder to use your fresh herbs every chance you get. They can take a ho hum omelet and give it a bright pop of flavor. That’s just what fresh basil and scallions did to our tomato and avocado omelet. Havarti cheese came along and gave it a big group hug.
These were some of the fresh ingredients we had on hand. Omelets are the perfect chance to get creative and incorporate a serving or two of veggies into your day. Make it a good one.
Avocado, Tomato & Basil Omelet
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbl. milk or cream
- 1/2 tsp. Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning
- pinch of salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 2 Tbl. fresh ‘soft’ herbs like basil, parsley, tarragon, cilantro
- 1 small plum tomato sliced
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1 slice Havarti cheese
- butter for pan
- Whisk together eggs, cream and seasonings.
- Melt butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture and gently swirl the pan to spread evenly. Using a rubber spatula carefully lift edges of omelet, allowing uncooked egg to run under. Continue until no runny egg remains on top. Flip omelet (I remove from heat, lay a paper plate over pan and turn over; then slide back into pan).
- Lay tomato, avocado, scallions, herbs and cheese down the middle of the omelet. Fold over one side, then slide out of pan onto plate, folding over other side.