It’s funny how one abundant ingredient can spark all kinds of recipe inspiration. For us, it’s what seems to be a never ending bag of Corn Tortillas taking up space in our fridge drawer. Thumbing through my cookbook rack yesterday, I came across my Weight Watchers cookbook and well, let’s just say we may need to visit a couple of these recipes heading into the holidays ;) Tonight we’ll start by adapting a WW Shrimp Tostadas recipe.
Recipe adaptations: A cilantro lime marinade for the shrimp to give them a little flavor boost. Some nice crisp purple cabbage for crunch. A spoonful of Fresh Tomato Salsa. A crumble of queso fresco cheese and a drizzle of this amazing Southwest Sauce to finish.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 cup fat free refried beans
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- 8 oz. cooked shrimp
- 1 lime
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves & stems
- dash cumin
- dash chili powder
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh tomato salsa
- Crumble of queso fresco cheese
- Drizzle Southwest sauce
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine 2 Tbl. lime juice, 1 Tbl. olive oil, ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves & stems, and dash of cumin & chili powder in a ziplock bag. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Grill shrimp over medium heat 1-2 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Warm refried beans in a small sauce pan.
- Coat a large skillet or grill pan with cooking spray and heat to medium. Warm torillas in skillet 1 minute per side. Remove and set aside.
- Assemble tortillas by spreading on a ¼ cup of refried beans, a sprinkle of red cabbage, 4-5 grilled shrimp, a spoonful of fresh salsa, 2-3 slices avocado, crumbled queso fresco cheese, fresh cilantro leaves and a drizzle of Southwest sauce.
10,070 total views, 2 views today