If you’re looking for a ‘family friendly’ one-pot-wonder our Skillet Cheesy Ravioli Bake might just be the one. The ingredients are added and cooked in layers, then into the oven for a final bake.
Here is the step by step assembly.
Step 1 ~ Assemble ingredients and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2 ~ Saute onion in a little olive oil over medium heat until tender.
Step 3 ~ Add ground beef, brown, then drain off any fat.
Step 4 ~ Add dried herbs, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper.
Step 5 ~ Add tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
Step 6 ~ Add in fresh or frozen ravioli and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Step 7 ~ Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and dollops of ricotta cheese.
Step 8 ~ Add more cheese, like shredded or fresh mozzarella (or both).
Step 9 ~ Into a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes until cheese has melted. Finish under broiler to lightly brown cheese topping.
Step 10 ~ Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh basil leaves. Then prepare to get very, very comfortable.
This dish should easily serve a family of 5-6. Perhaps I should have mentioned up front that we enjoyed this dish on the eve of embarking on a low-carb eating adventure (as you can see, the two of us REALLY enjoyed it).
Recipe inspiration from Bev Cooks.
Skillet Cheesy Ravioli Bake
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 12- ounces of fresh or frozen ravioli
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8- ounces fresh mozzarella cheese sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Assemble all ingredients, beat egg with ricotta cheese and reserve.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef, cook until browned. Drain off any fat.
- Add dried herbs and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Pour sauce over meat mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Nestle ravioli evenly into sauce and gently simmer for 10 minutes
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dollops of ricotta/egg mixture.
- Spread shredded mozzarella evenly on top. Then arrange mozzarella slices on top.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Finish under broiler for a lightly browned cheese topping.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and Enjoy.
20,086 total views, 3 views today