For me, Gazpacho holds a special place in my heart.
There are some foods that evoke emotion and this is one of them for me.
Had a great day with my kid! Visited our local “every 3rd weekend antique market” just becuz….
I truly believe Grammy gave us the gift of gab…we couldn’t walk by a booth without engaging the vendor. My kid scored a cast iron tea pot and bartered for a leather vintage bag (90 minute massage = $90 leather bag)!
While we were so very close to ordering funnel cakes from the food window….we pulled back. “Let’s make a healthy lunch.” Gazpacho won hands down and we made it in a blender with zero cooking.
Soup Ingredients…go into the blender and get happy…witness the tomato tornado!!
Chill the gazpacho soup in fridge or freezer. Serve with a fine diced veggie topping…thin sliced then diced zucchini, red onion, radish, Fresno pepper.
I thought this was just for show…but no, this really, REALLY makes the dish (thanks kid for pointing that out).
Deliciously Summer….and Crazy Good!! So many fresh ingredients bursting with bright flavors!
If you like chilled soups check out this Curried Zucchini Soup. Your tastebuds will thank you!
Have you had Insalata Chicken Florentine from Macaroni Grill? Are there other copycat recipes you’d like to see us recreate? I’d love for you to comment below. Your feedback is so important to me (and keeps the recipe love fresh).
All my best,
- 3-4 to matoes get rid of the seeds, do NOT worry about skins
- 1 small cucumber pealed and cut into chunks
- 1/2 small zucchini cubed
- 1/8 small red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 squeezes lemon juice
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 cup tomato juice
- Sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
For fine diced veggie topping…
- 1/2 small zucchini thin sliced then diced
- 1/8 red onion thin sliced then diced
- 4-5 radish thin sliced then diced
- 1 fresno pepper thin sliced then diced
- Combine all soup ingredients in blender until pureed.
- Chill soup in fridge or freezer.
- Top with fine diced veggies.