Flash backwards to January, NFL Playoffs were underway and I was itching to host a Super Bowl Party. I decided to make this Taco Salad with Doritos recipe, in honor of my favorite Super Bowl Commercials, and share it on Lemony Thyme the week before the Big Game. That was the plan. Right up until our home team, the Falcons, got beat in the last round.
I picked up Atlanta Magazine this week and found an article of interest. Hollywood of the South. Atlanta, like most cities, is focused on economic recovery. There’s a buzz about ‘town’ that Hollywood has come to visit and maybe…set up camp. Welcome. As it turns out, this year’s Super Bowl Dorito commercial “Goat 4 Sale” was home grown in Atlanta. How cool is that?!!
Then I remembered, I had never ‘posted’ the recipe. A great quick and easy Taco Salad, smack full of flavorful ingredients…and Doritos! Don’t let the French dressing fool you, it’s perfect with this salad and the kids will love it!! This is a great dish to share at a pot luck supper or make for a backyard summer cook-out. Have fun with it, we do.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 sm. can sliced black olives
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels
- 1 small onion, diced (about ½ cup)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 bag Doritos chips, nacho cheese flavored
- 1 small bottle French dressing
- Brown ground beef, add taco seasoning and prepare according to package instructions. Layer the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Just before serving add the warmed ground beef mixture, about ½ bag of Doritos slightly broken, and about ½ bottle of French dressing. Toss to coat all ingredients. Adjust level of dressing and Doritos according to preference.
9,876 total views, 1 views today