Once we perfected the Flatbread Crackers, the natural progression was to make Homemade Flatbread Pizza. Talk about the perfect Friday night, everyone top their own, grab a beer and get happy food.
It’s inventory week at my office and considering I only got home from work 45 minutes ago, we topped our flatbread pizzas with simple ingredients straight from the fridge. For the crust, we made the parmesan garlic & herb version and prebaked them for 4 minutes. We then topped them with sliced tomato, salami, mozzarella cheese, spinach and a drizzle of olive oil. Another 6-8 minutes in the oven until cheese was melted and bubbly.
While I love the Homemade Pizza Dough we make in our bread machine, sometimes you neither have the time nor energy to wait the 2+ hours for it to be ready. These yummy Homemade Flatbread Pizzas were firmly in my grasp in about 20 minutes. Can’t beat that!!
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- flavor add-ins (choose from options below or your own)
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- additional olive oil & sea salt for topping
- Parmesan & Garlic Herb ~ ¼ cup parmesan cheese, 1 Tbl. fresh finely chopped herbs, 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Rosemary & Freshly Cracked Black Pepper ~ 1 Tbl. fresh finely chopped rosemary, 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- Lemony Thyme ~ 1 Tbl. fresh finely chopped lemon thyme, 1 Tbl. lemon zest
- Seed Blend ~ ¼ cup assorted seeds (such as poppy, sesame, sunflower, flax, chia)
- Favorite sauce, cheese, toppings
- Place pizza stone or heavy baking sheet on center rack of oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and choice of flavor add-ins. Make a well in the center and add water and oil. Stir until just combined then turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead 4-5 times.
- Cut into 2 equal pieces. Place each on parchment paper and roll until about ⅜-inch thick. Brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt (optional). Slide onto un-rimmed baking sheet, then slide parchment/dough onto pizza stone. Bake for 3-4 minutes. Slide parchment paper back onto un-rimmed baking sheet and add favorite toppings. Return to oven and bake an additional 6-8 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Cool slightly before serving.
4,660 total views, 1 views today