We make slaw aka Classic Coleslaw almost every week. This recipe post isn’t meant to knock your socks off. I mean it’s just coleslaw.
However, since Lemony Thyme is a place for us to share recipes we love, it’s time to add Classic Coleslaw to the recipe archives. There was a time that I had to look up a recipe for coleslaw. If that’s how you found us, start with this recipe and make it your own.
This slaw recipe works great with other shredded veggies. We love Sesame Brussels Sprout Slaw that incorporates shredded Brussels tossed lightly with sesame oil. You can also add sliced scallion or cilantro to for a flavor nuance. Enjoy!
- ½ small cabbage, cut into chunks (about 4 cups)
- 1 small carrot, peeled (about 3-inch piece), optional
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp.+ white wine vinegar (you can always add, but you can't take away)
- pinch sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place cabbage chunks and carrot into food processor, process until fairly fine. Scrape into a bowl. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar. Mix well.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste. Chill.
3,473 total views, 1 views today