Each week I see my foodie friends posting about their latest pizza creations. Wonderfully unique and delicious toppings on homemade crust. The homemade crust part was what was holding us back. Until now. We dug out the bread machine and forged forward like true pizza experts.
So while our pizza was fabulous (with my favorite toppings of sausage & mushrooms) this post is for all of you who own a bread machine that’s collecting dust. Break it out and let it do the work. You can still take credit for the end result.
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbl. olive oil
- ⅓ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1½ tsp. yeast
- Favorite pizza toppings and cheeses
- Place first 5 ingredients in your bread machine pan. Place yeast in yeast dispenser. Select Dough Mode on your bread machine and start when ready. Our dough mode takes two hours.
- When dough is finished, remove from pan and knead 8-10 times. Divide into two balls and place in mixing bowls coated with cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap. Place bowls in a warm place for 15 minutes. The dough will rise slightly.
- Pour the dough out onto a clean surface and flatten into pizza sized circles or squares. Do not over work it at this point. Prick the dough several times and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to pizza stone or pan and proceed with favorite toppings. We chose marinara sauce, cooked sausage, sautéed mushrooms, fresh basil, and mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Bake for 12 - 18 minutes, depending on thickness of crust.
3,077 total views, 2 views today