This From The Earth Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette is aptly named after our nearby brewery where it can be found on the menu.
The ingredients in this salad are simple and colorful and fresh. Tangy feta, with blistered tomatoes and crisp corn pair perfectly with creamy avocado and fresh cucumber and greens.
Then there’s the Sherry Vinaigrette. Just the right balance of vinegar to honey to aromatic shallot and garlic.Jump to Recipe
I recently had the opportunity to prepare a Tailgate Luncheon for a very special Birthday Party!
When I sat down with my neighbor to plan the menu we got stuck on what type of salad to include.
Should we do a pasta salad like Italian Tortellini – decided on Three Cheese Mac ‘n’ Cheese instead.
We went through this exercise for a few minutes before I posed this question….. What is your favorite salad? With a smile on her face she said there’s a salad at From The Earth that I love.
Bingo! We shall recreate that salad. Because with all that fun (and indulgent) Game Day food, it’s nice to have a great big salad!
I made multiple FTE visits, each time ordering THE salad. I quickly became a fan too!
I’m just now noticing I should have halved my cherry tomatoes ;-)
This salad makes a wonderful lunch or light meal. AND you can easily make a big batch to serve at your next family gathering or potluck!
What’s your favorite salad? The one that puts a smile on your face. I’d love for you to share in the comments below :)
All my best,
From The Earth Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar or substitute white balsamic
- 2 Tablespoons honey or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
From The Earth Salad
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes blistered
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces Mixed Greens
- 2 Fresh Corn on Cob blanched for 2 minutes, kernels removed from cobs
- 1 English Cucumbers sliced
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Crumbled Feta Cheese
- In the bowl of a food processor, add garlic, shallot, vinegar, honey, and dijon. Puree mixture. With processor running drizzle in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Store in a jar with tight fitting lid for up to one week in refrigerator.
From The Earth Salad
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Toss cherry tomatoes with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, spread in single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or just until starting to soften and blister.
- Meanwhile, place salad greens in a large bowl or platter. Sprinkle with corn kernels, sliced red onion, cucumber, avocado and crumbled feta cheese. Add blistered tomatoes. Drizzle with Sherry Vinaigrette and enjoy!