When peaches and jalapeños meet there is bound to be some sweet spicy love created aka Peach Jalapeño Skillet Jam.
I am thankful for Farmers’ Markets (where I scored these beautiful Georgia peaches) and friends with gardens (where I scored these picture perfect jalapenos).
I am all about skillet jam.
No special equipment or ingredients required.
In less than an hour you can have Peach Jalapeño Skillet Jam poured over cream cheese with crackers in hand.
The combination of sweat juicy peaches with a slight kick from the jalapeños is addicting.
The method is simple.
Peel and slice your peaches then top them with sugar and let the juices flow.
Within 15 minutes (or up to four hours) you’ll have the base for your jam.
- Add your diced peaches to a cast iron skillet
- Then add diced jalapeños, with seeds or without depending on how spicy you’d like the jam to turn out. I used two jalapenos and some seeds, but not all.
- Stir in two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and simmer over medium heat until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature. The jam will continue to thicken as it cools.
I suggest pairing Peach Jalapeño Skillet Jam with mild goat or cream cheese and spreading it on a Flatbread Cracker.
If you like the sounds of this Peach Jalapeño Skillet Jam be sure to give our Strawberry Jalapeño Skillet Jam a try.
Crackers pictured above are these super easy Flatbread Crackers.
Are there recipes that remind you of a favorite vacation that you’d like to see us recreate? I’d love for you to comment below. Your feedback is so important to me (and keeps the recipe love fresh).
All my best,
Peach Jalapeño Skillet Jam
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh peaches peeled & sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 jalapenos fine diced
- 2 Tbl. lemon juice
- Layer the sliced peaches with sugar in a bowl and allow to macerate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Pour into a cast iron skillet; add jalapeno and lemon juice and simmer over medium heat until most of the liquid has evaporated and the jam has thickened, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Store in air-tight jar for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.