It’s crazy to admit that this is the first time I have made a Greek Salad. I’ve loved every one I’ve ever enjoyed at a restaurant. For me it’s the combination of fresh ingredients with big bold flavor personalities, that somehow get along really well. No competitiveness here. I like it!!
Even though traditional Greek Salads aren’t served on a bed of lettuce, for me it’s the perfect plate if you will. Then we top the lettuce with diced tomato and cucumber, thinly sliced red onion, kalamata olives, pepperoncini peppers, a generous topping of crumbled fresh feta cheese, dried oregano, black pepper, fresh parsley and a simple oil and vinegar dressing.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, rough chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, large diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled & diced
- 3 slices of red onion, very thinly sliced
- 4-6 pepperoncini peppers
- 10-15 kalamata olives
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, or more
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbl. fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- freshly cracked pepper
- 2-3 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 Tbl. red wine vinegar
- Top chopped lettuce with tomato, cucumber, red onion, pepperoncini peppers, kalamata olives, and feta cheese. Sprinkle with dried oregano, fresh parsley, and cracked black pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Toss before serving.
7,970 total views, 5 views today