This Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad is bursting with fun flavors like fresh basil, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni.
If you need a go-to summer time pasta salad that everyone will love….
Look no further. This is the one!Jump to Recipe
Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad has been the one dish I know I can put together quickly. It transports easily, please everyone and I always wish I had made a double batch!
There’s something so addicting about the submarine dressing. It’s tangy and herby. The traditional Italian flavors keep them coming back for more.
I start with a batch of homemade Submarine Dressing. This go-to dressing is packed with oil, vinegar and herbs. It delivers that classic Italian sub flavor to this pasta salad.
If time permits, I marinate the mozzarella pearls (you could easily cube up fresh mozzarella for this) for a couple hours to boost them with herby flavor too.
For this Father’s Day weekend, if you’re looking for a hearty pasta salad that dads and kids alike will love, give this one a try!
What’s in your go-to pasta salad? I’d love for you to comment below.
All my best,
Italian Tortellini Salad
- 1 20 ounce package fresh cheese tortellini can sub frozen
- 1 8 ounce package mozzarella pearls or cubed fresh mozzarella
- 6 ounces sliced pepperoni cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 6 ounce can small pitted black ripe olives
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves torn
- 1 recipe submarine dressing recipe link in post
- Prepare tortellini according to package instructions. Allow to cool before preparing salad. Prepare Submarine Dressing (recipe link in post). Place mozzarella in a jar and cover with dressing, allow to marinate for 1-2 hours (optional). Toss cooled tortellini with remaining ingredients. Chill or serve at room temperature.
This Italian Pasta Salad is equally delicious made with bowtie (or your favorite) pasta!!