When you’re planning a game day menu, you bet these Chili Cheese Dog Tailgate Sliders will be included.
You’ve got a two bite slider roll bursting with Hot Dog Chili, ‘Lil Smokies, and Cheddar Cheese?!!
Tailgate Party Perfection!Jump to Recipe
I recently made a Tailgate Luncheon for 45 people…..eeek! And it turned out great! The picture below shows the set up! It was grand!
Here’s how we assemble these super easy and crowd pleasing sliders.
- Dinner Rolls – sliced across the top (not all the way through)
- Beef Lit’l Smokies – one per roll
- Hot Dog Chili – a generous spoonful per slider
- Cheddar Cheese – sprinkled on top of chili
- Bake at 350 degrees – for 10 minutes
Whether you’re hosting a birthday party, planning a game day tailgate party, or a college kid looking for an easy (and affordable) way to feed a crowd – these mini chili cheese dogs do the trick!
We’ve rounded up over 50 of our favorite Game Day & Tailgate Party Recipes for you to choose from. What’s your favorite prime time snack? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
All my best,
Chili Cheese Dog Tailgate Sliders
- 1 batch Hot Dog Chili or favorite canned variety
- 2 12-count pkgs dinner rolls
- 1 12 ounce Beef Lit'l Smokies cocktail franks
- 1 8 ounce block cheddar cheese shredded, about 2 cups
- Prepare Hot Dog Chili (recipe link in post). Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Lay dinner rolls into (2) 9×13 baking dishes (or one full size foil pan). Cut slits on the tops of each roll being careful not to cut all the way through. Place one Lit'l Smokie in each roll. Top with a generous spoonful of chili. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350° F. for 10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.