Warm Bacon Dressing. What’s not to love.
Bacon cooked until it’s browned and crispy, then reserved. Thinly sliced shallot added to the bacon drippings and sauteed until tender. Olive oil, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, pinch of cayenne, and salt & pepper whisked in. A final taste to adjust the sweet/tart flavor by adding more sugar or vinegar. Bacon returned to the goodness.
Prepare to fall in love.
- ½ lb. bacon browned and crumbled, reserve drippings
- 1 large or 2 small shallots thinly sliced
- 3 Tbl. olive oil
- 2 Tbl. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- dash cayenne
- Sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon until it’s browned and crispy, drain on paper towels, reserving drippings.
- Add thinly sliced shallot to the bacon drippings and saute over medium-low heat until tender. Remove from heat, whisk in olive oil, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, pinch of cayenne, and salt & pepper.
- Adjust the sweet/tart flavor by adding more sugar or vinegar to taste.
- Serve warm. Return crispy bacon to the salad or the dressing just before serving.
2,778 total views, 1 views today