Shelby sent me a text picture of a tub of Thai Coconut Curry Hummus. Oh YES!! How brilliant! Hummus is the perfect vehicle for flavor creativity. I was in the kitchen the next day coming up with my own version. After the rave reviews it received from my taste testers (in this case my work family) I decided to share it with you.Continue reading »
As I stepped out of my car I was greeted by the smell of bacon cooking. I walked through the door and found a sack full of fresh from the garden potatoes on the counter. Loaded Potato Soup was about to be born.Continue reading »
The Baking Gods gave us Flatbread Crackers.
And they were good.
And a whole lot easier than rolling, cutting and baking individual crackers. So much so, I have made four different flavors in two days just so I could be sure it was as easy as I’m saying it is. That was a bad sentence but I hope you get the point.Continue reading »
The first White BBQ Sauce I ever had was from Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q in Atlanta. We catered a company event and brought in a full spread of their pulled pork, beef brisket, and smoked chicken. Along with the meat, they provided three distinct BBQ Sauces, one of which was White BBQ Sauce. It seemed odd and quite appealing to this girl who loves all things creamy. Holy Wow! was the first thing I thought when I tasted it.
We have since recreated this mayonnaise & vinegar based BBQ sauce at home. It’s creamy yes, but has a nice punch from the horseradish and creole mustard. Black pepper and garlic round out the depth of flavor. From what we’ve discovered White BBQ Sauce is a Northern Alabama favorite. I can tell you, we Georgians have become quite fond of it too.Continue reading »
You know that little local Mexican joint that has become your convenient fast lunch or after-work margarita spot. Mine closed down without even as much as a good-bye whisper. While there wasn’t anything extra special about this place, their Beef, Bean & Cheese Nachos with Jalapeños became one of my favorite comfort foods.Continue reading »
Have I got a fun little appetizer for you. Envision bite-sized baked potatoes loaded with sour cream, chives, cheddar cheese and bacon. Pop-in-your-mouth Loaded Potato Bite goodness. New potatoes are popping up at our local Farmers’ Market. I remembered one of my sister Sarah’s recipes and ran with it.Continue reading »
Today marks the 2nd Anniversary of Lemony Thyme. Once we survived the first year jitters, the second year seemed to sail by….too quickly frankly. Here are some blog highlights to date….
- There are 662 Recipes posted to our love to cook page.
- We have added a categorized Recipe Archive with thumbnail pictures of each recipe to make it easier to find some of our oldies but goodies.
- We have over 550 Email Subscribers to Lemony Thyme and would love for you to join in and never miss a new recipe again.
- 338,000+ Unique Visitors from 6 continents have stopped by the blog. This one blows my mind.
- We have over 11,370 Fabulous Facebook Fans with plenty of room for more.
- And 1052 followers on Pinterest. Thank you for finding us (since my boards are under lelderpins instead of Lemony Thyme).
- Our love of fresh herbs continues and our whiskey barrel porch pots are overflowing with fresh herb love.
- In our second year we challenged ourselves to make more from scratch and have dabbled with various homemade breads, salad dressings, bbq sauces, jellies, and spice blends.
- I got a real camera last year for my birthday in May, so our 2nd year photos are more vibrant. Take a look at how our love food photography page continues to bloom.
- We celebrated 30 Days of Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in April and enlisted the help of family for recipe creation.
- I have started to recreate old Family Recipes. It’s been a healthy way to connect with family across the country.
I’ve set a few goals for myself and the blog for the coming year. I’m going to share them here as a means of accountability. I need that.
- Learn to use settings on my camera, other than automatic.
- Use Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest to drive more traffic to the blog. I’m going to need some help with this one.
- Continue to maintain our Fabebook fan page, while also participating in FB groups.
- Post one new dish each week that is my own creation.
- Organize my kitchen props and dishes for ease of use (for me and my family).
I wrote for months…to myself, before I ever got up the courage to share my very first post with you. I had no idea how warm & welcoming you would be. Thank you for your continued support and inspiration. We’ll keep this journey alive and well.
I logged onto my computer this morning and was greeted by 85 new Facebook friends. Whoa! Those of us who use Facebook to promote our blogs have been feeling a little bewildered lately. Facebook has implemented new algorithms that ultimately reduce the number of people that see our posts (typically only 1%…yikes). The way to fix that, at least in their eyes, is to pay to “Promote” our posts.Continue reading »
I know for many families Friday is Pizza Night. At our house we’ve been toasting the end of the work week with a cold beverage and a tray of Nachos. Last Friday we made a big pan of roasted corn & poblano nachos with sausage and queso fresco. They were amazing. Tonight it’s Monterey Loaded Nacho Fries, inspired by our crazy good Monterey Chicken recipe.Continue reading »