Shelby sent me a text picture of a tub of Thai Coconut Curry Hummus. Oh YES!! How brilliant! Hummus is the perfect vehicle for flavor creativity. I was in the kitchen the next day coming up with my own version. After the rave reviews it received from my taste testers (in this case my work family) I decided to share it with you.
I incorporated the coconut flavor in layers. To the garbanzo beans I added coconut milk, shredded coconut, tahini, sriracha, garlic, shallot, lime, and coconut oil.
- 2 cans organic garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 Tbl. tahini
- 1 Tbl. sriracha hot sauce
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 small shallot
- 2 Tbl. shredded coconut
- ½ tsp. yellow curry powder
- ½ tsp. salt or to taste
- ½ cup coconut milk
- juice of one lime
- zest of one lime, reserved for garnish
- 1/ - ⅓ cup coconut oil, warmed until liquid
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender add all ingredients except lime zest and coconut oil. Pulse or process until blended.
- With processor running drizzle in coconut oil until desired consistency is reached. Continue to blend until smooth and creamy. Adjust salt to taste. Garnish with lime zest.
- Store in refrigerator. Hummus will be very firm when chilled. Warm slightly to serve
8,410 total views, 3 views today