From the minute I first spotted fresh cranberries in the market I knew a Cranberry Mojito was in my future. The perfect holiday cocktail or mocktail. Here’s how we make them.
Fresh cranberries are just begging to be turned into simple syrup. The process is similar to making homemade Cranberry Sauce. Fresh cranberries, sugar and water simmered into a sweet-tart love fest.
For our Cranberry Mojitos you’ll want to simmer the cranberries until they just begin to burst. Then allow them to cool completely before straining off the cranberry simple syrup, which can be made a day or two in advance. I reserved the cranberries to add to our cocktail.
To make the Cranberry Mojitos you’ll want to muddle mint and lime slices in a glass. You can use the handle of a wooden spoon or you can invest in a muddler, like mine from OXO. Then add rum and pour into an ice filled glass. Top with simple syrup, club soda, and reserved cranberries. Enjoy!!
Recipe note: I saved the cranberries from our simple syrup and added several to our glass. Pretty and edible.
Recipe note two: Cranberry Mojito Mocktails are also delicious. A festive drink the whole family will enjoy. Simply omit rum.
Be sure to check out our other favorite Mojito recipes below.
For cranberry simple syrup…
- 4 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
For cranberry mojito…
- 2-3 lime wedges
- 10 mint leaves
- 2 ounces rum
- 2 ounces cranberry simple syrup
- 2 ounces club soda
For the cranberry simple syrup…
- Place sugar, water and fresh cranberries in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, for 10 minutes or until cranberries just begin to burst. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Can be made 1-2 days in advance. Strain syrup and reserve cranberries.
For the cranberry mojitos…
- Add lime wedges and mint leaves to a glass; muddle. Add 2 ounces of rum.
- Fill separate glass with ice and 8-10 reserved cranberries. Pour in muddled lime, mint, rum mixture. Add 2 ounces or more of simple syrup. Top with Club soda.
This looks amazing, just not sure about getting fresh cranberries. May try reconstituting dried and see how it goes.
Thanks Maree. Hope you enjoy.
While i have tried Cranberry plain juice earlier, but Cranberry Mojitos will be new for me. It is sounds fresh enough to taste.
They really were refreshing. Rum or no rum, these make a beautiful holiday drink. Hope you enjoy them Evelyn.
A few of these will make Thanksgiving with the in-laws so much better! :) Gorgeous drink!
Haha. Glad I could help Julie :)