Insalata Chicken Florentine (Copycat Macaroni Grill)
This Insalata Chicken Florentine is a Copycat from Macaroni Grill. Not sure if you are familiar with them or this incredible salad.
IT IS AMAZING.
Every ingredient is so well thought out, each delivering a unique flavor and/or texture.
This chopped salad begins with a base of orzo pasta and builds from there. Check out the ingredients below.
The ingredients laid out above will make a gigantic crowd-worthy salad. Easily enough to feed 8 people as a meal, more as a side dish. We’ll be eating on it for days and I’m okay with that!
- Orzo pasta – cooked, drained and cooled
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – grilled and cubed
- Spinach and radicchio – julienned
- Tomatoes – diced
- Black olives – sliced
- Sundried tomatoes – chopped
- Pine nuts – lightly toasted
- Capers – drained
- Parmesan cheese – shredded or shaved
- Roasted Garlic Lemon Vinaigrette – garlic, lemon, red wine vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt
- Roast garlic at 400 degrees for 45 minutes (see How to Oven Roast Garlic)
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions
- Grill chicken breasts
- Slice and dice remaining ingredients
- When garlic is done, prepare vinaigrette
- Toss and serve
Right before serving, toss the salad with the Roasted Garlic Lemon Vinaigrette. The wonderful thing about this salad (and vinaigrette) is that it holds up nicely in warm weather. This might be my favorite picnic salad yet!
This Insalata Chicken Florentine also keeps well. We literally will eat on this for three days and it’s just as good as the very first bite.
Are there recipes that remind you of a favorite vacation that you’d like to see us recreate? I’d love for you to comment below. Your feedback is so important to me (and keeps the recipe love fresh).
Don’t forget to follow us @LemonyThyme on Instagram and Facebook! And check out our latest TikTok videos and Pinterest boards too!
All my best,
Pin It For Later
Insalata Chicken Florentine (Macaroni Grill Copycat)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts grilled and cubed
- 1 pound orzo pasta cooked, drained, cooled
- 5 ounces fresh spinach julienned
- 1 head radicchio julienned
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup black olives sliced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup pine nuts lightly toasted
- 3.5 ounce jar capers drained
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese shredded or shaved
- 1 cup Roasted Garlic Lemon Vinaigrette see recipe link in post
- Grill chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. Prepare orzo according to package instructions. Drain and cool. Julienne, slice or chop remaining ingredients. Place all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Toss with vinaigrette. Garnish with additional parmesan cheese.
This was my favorite meal from Romano’s and I was heartbroken when it left the menu. This recipe really nails it! Absolutely delicious, and dead-easy.
Made this last night. Have been missing this salad from Macaroni Grill. Didn’t have spinach but had kale from the garden. Every one loved this dish. Will be making this through out summer. I love make this my own so may add artichoke hearts, peppers, onions.
Glad you loved it like we do!! Thank you for sharing and I think your additions sound fantastic!
Gorgeous party salad! Your photos are so revealing, a wonderful compliment to written instructions.
Thank you! This salad has quickly moved onto my favorites list!!