Serve this Simple Buffalo Chicken Braided Stromboli at your next party and prepare to be elevated to hero status!
Puff Pastry Rocks!
We filled the buttery crisp dough with savory Buffalo Chicken Dip and baked it until it was warm and gooey! Your guests (and your family) will love this quick & easy appetizer!
I made this recipe for our neighborhood Thirsty Thursday gathering and it was a hit! As in, there were merely crumbs left at the end of the evening.
How to Assemble the Stromboli
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets at room temperature for about 40 minutes
- Unwrap and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Generously fill the center third of the dough with cold buffalo chicken dip
- Sprinkle with green onion and crumbled blue cheese
- Using a pairing knife, cut 12 strips into the left and right thirds of the dough
- Alternate folding strips over filling, overlapping as you go
- Trim the last strips if necessary
- Brush with beaten egg
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown
The great thing about this Simple Buffalo Chicken Braided Stromboli recipe is everyone loves Buffalo Chicken Dip AND the result looks fancy, but is super easy to assemble.
All my best,
Pin It For Later
Simple Buffalo Chicken Braided Stromboli
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened & cubed
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken a rotisserie chicken works well
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 17.3 ounce box frozen puff pastry (2 sheets) thawed
- 1 large egg beaten
- Thaw puff pastry at room temperature for 40-45 minutes. Preheat oven to 375° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
For the Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Meanwhile, prepare buffalo chicken dip. In a medium pan over medium heat, combine cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, ranch dressing and Frank's Hot Sauce. Stir until melted and fulled combined. Remove from heat and fold in shredded chicken. Cool.
- Unfold pastry sheets. Generously fill center third of each sheet with cooled buffalo chicken dip. Sprinkle each with half the sliced scallions and 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese.
- Using a pairing knife, cut 12 strips into the left and right thirds of each pastry sheet, as shown in the images above. Alternate folding strips over filling, creating a 'braid'. Trim last strips if necessary. Brush tops with beaten egg.
- Bake at 375° F. for 35-40 minutes until tops of pastry is golden brown. Allow to cool slightly. Slice and enjoy!