Hands down this Smoky Sweet Potato Hummus has become my go-to snack. It’s the right mix of savory-slightly sweet that when paired with crispy chips or veggie sticks I dare say is the perfect snack!
For fun I looked up the definition of “snack” online.
snack /snak/ noun
1. a small amount of food eaten between meals.
“not many people make it through to the evening meal without a snack”
Unexpected and rather humorous:
2. a sexually attractive person.
“it’s clear from the pics that her new husband is a total snack”
Back to the Hummus :) Every time we bake sweet potatoes I throw a couple extra in the oven to have on hand when a hummus craving kicks in. Besides being my favorite healthy snack it makes a really nice “just because” gift for a friend.
The ingredients are pretty straight forward. Cooked sweet potato, tahini, lemon juice, fresh garlic, olive oil and a generous sprinkle of my new favorite seasoning Braai South African Spice Blend.
Smoked paprika, dried basil, dried minced garlic, and sea salt bring a warm deep flavor nicely balanced by the creamy sweet potato.
Have you tried these Sweet Potato Corn Chips?? They are a supreme sidekick for this hummus. Super crispy but in a light and airy sort of way. Simple Truth Organic is a Kroger Supermarket brand.
Whip up a batch of Smoky Sweet Potato Hummus and let me know what you think! Enjoy!!
Smoky Sweet Potato Hummus
- 1 pound cooked sweet potato typically one large
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic rough chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Braai Seasoning or more to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil or more for desired consistency
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Puree, adding additional olive oil as needed to achieve desired consistency. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve with favorite chips or veggie sticks.
417 total views, 1 views today