I know for many families Friday is Pizza Night. At our house we’ve been toasting the end of the work week with a cold beverage and a tray of Nachos. Last Friday we made a big pan of roasted corn & poblano nachos with sausage and queso fresco. They were amazing. Tonight it’s Monterey Loaded Nacho Fries, inspired by our crazy good Monterey Chicken recipe.
In place of tortilla chips, we made oven baked potato chips. We then layered them with bbq sauce, crumbled bacon, scallion, tomatoes, jalapeno, Monterey & cheddar cheese. They were the perfect Friday night treat.
You might also enjoy some of our other Nacho Creations. Here’s to the weekend!!
- 1 lb. small new potatoes, sliced thin
- sea salt
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked crispy
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 med. tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno, fine diced
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil. Place potato slices in a single layer on baking sheet. Spray with olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Depending on thickness some may brown more quickly. Remove them as they get done and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Layer half of potato chips with half of each remaining ingredient and repeat. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
4,981 total views, 2 views today