Who among us is longing for Friday evenings where we gather with friends around our kitchen islands sipping cocktails and nibbling on Deep Fried Stuffed Olives?
Show of hands.
Socializing certainly looks different these days and I’ll admit I miss a spontaneous pop-up party. However, we like so many of our friends have rather enjoyed spending more time at home. We have come to love the spaces we now spend a majority of our time.
While writing the above, it occurred to me….what is everyone else doing on Friday nights?!
If you’re super social and looking for “ridiculously fun” virtual entertainment (or not), a quick internet search delivered these 59 happy hour ideas from SnackNation.
Back to these gorgeous stuffed Castelvetrano olives. We were fortunate to visit Sicily a couple of years ago. We we drove the coastline for days, eventually arriving at the medieval village of Castelvetrano. That’s where we sampled these bright green, buttery tasting beauties.
We’ve been hooked ever since!
So whether you’re hosting a party of one or your family of five, these Deep Fried Stuffed Olives will elevate your happy hour snacks. They bring bold flavor to your charcuterie boards, and please your senses. Treat your tastebuds to these slightly spicy, ever so briny, crispy, salty, pop-in-your-mouth snack bites!
Deep Fried Stuffed Olives
- 4 ounces gound hot italian sausage
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese divided
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Italian parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 20 Castelvetrano green olives pitted
- 1/2 cup flour (sub Gluten Free all-purpose for GF version)
- 2 large eggs beaten
- vegetable oil for frying
- lemon wedges for serving
- Mix sausage with 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese and chopped parsley & rosemary. Partially cut open olives and generously stuff with sausage mixture.
- Mix breadcrumbs with remaining parmesan cheese. Drege olives in flour, dip in beaten egg, coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Working in batches, deep fry olives in 350 degree vegetable oil until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Serve with toothpicks and lemon wedges.