No visit to a Japanese Steak House should begin without a Ginger Dressing salad, cocktails aside. Tell me I’m not alone on this one?
Now that we’ve recreated our favorite Ginger Dressing, all I have to master is the Volcano Roll and Special Spicy Tuna Roll. Not sure sushi rolls will be as easy to make as this delicious dressing recipe.
Recipe Note: Ginger Dressing is most always served on a simple bed of iceberg lettuce with tomato and thinly sliced red onion. The salad allows the dressing to be the star.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup sweet onion finely diced
- 3 Tbl. fresh ginger grated
- 1 Tbl. honey
- 1 Tbl. soy sauce
- 1 Tbl. lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth. Store in a covered jar in refrigerator for up to 7 days.