Juicy Jerk Turkey Burgers with Caribbean Coleslaw scream summer!
Big bold flavors. Bright cheerful colors.
There’s nothing boring about these burgers.
Its punchy, gently spicy, with bursts of citrus and herbs. There’s warmth from the spices balanced by the natural mildness of ground turkey. I’m addicted!
To make these burgers, mix up your spices and aromatics first then add them to the ground turkey. This insures the flavors are incorporated well without overworking the mixture.
Overworking = tough burgers.
When cooked properly Turkey Burgers are moist and juicy. Ground turkey is tender and can be tricky to cook on a grill. The secret I’ve found is to sear the patties in a hot pan, then finish them in the oven. They come out perfectly every time.
Turkey Burgers reheat beautifully too, so they are fantastic for meal prep and making lunches for the week! The flavors in these jerk burgers are even better the next day, warm or cold!
Juicy Jerk Turkey Burgers with Caribbean Coleslaw are fun for the weekend, but easy enough for a weeknight meal! Serve them on toasted burger buns or lettuce wraps, topped with Caribbean Coleslaw.
Are there recipes that remind you of a favorite vacation that you’d like to see us recreate? I’d love for you to comment below. Your feedback is so important to me (and keeps the recipe love fresh).
All my best,
Pin It For Later
Juicy Jerk Turkey Burgers with Caribbean Coleslaw
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs use gluten free panko for GF version
Spices and Aromatics
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 sprigs minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 scallion thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeno fine diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- oil for pan frying
- 1 cup Caribbean Coleslaw recipe link in post
- 4 burger buns lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix spices and aromatic together. Add ground turkey, egg and panko breadcrumbs. Mix with hands until just combined.
- Form into 4 burger patties. Heat 1 Tablespoon cooking oil in oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Pan fry burgers 2-3 minutes per side, then transfer to oven. Cook for 10 minutes or until internal temperature of burgers reaches 165° F. Remove and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- To serve, place each burger on a toasted bun and top with 1/4 cup Caribbean coleslaw.