You’ll want this Super Simple White Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe in your salad dressing rotation!
It’s slightly sweet with the perfect tangy love and will make your baby greens dance.
And it takes all of 3 minutes to make.
What are you waiting for?Jump to Recipe
- Olive Oil – In this recipe you’ll want a mild neutral oil vs. an EVOO
- White Balsamic Vinegar – available in some grocery stores but you may need to pay a visit to a specialty store for more variety
- Honey or Maple Syrup – you can play with which you prefer depending on the flavor profile you’re looking for or the type of salad
- Salt & pepper – keep it simple for this base recipe
- Citrus Juice – adding one Tablespoon of fresh lemon, orange or even grapefruit juice gives you a lovely citrus flavor
- Shallot – adding fine diced shallot gives you a bit of a bite without overpowering the vinaigrette like garlic would do
- Dijon Mustard – one Tablespoon of Dijon transforms this dressing into a creamy extra tangy dressing
- Mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt – replace half of the olive oil with either mayonnaise or Greek yogurt for a super cream vinaigrette
- Fresh Herbs – because this vinaigrette has a sweet side I would use fresh herbs like Lemony Thyme, Tarragon, or Basil
Specialty olive oil & balsamic vinegar stores are popping up all around us. We even have vendors at our local farmers market who sell a nice variety of flavored oils & vinegars.
If you’ve never visited one of these tasting stores, I highly recommend it! And if you’re lucky the store representative will help you make some really great flavor pairings.
Blueberry Basil anyone? Orange Ginger? How about Wild Mushroom & Sage?
This white balsamic dressing is so versatile. It can take a simple bowl of mixed greens and make it the talk of the table.
White Balsamic Vinaigrette is perfect with our Fig & Walnut Arugula Salad with Chickpeas & Gorgonzola.
All my best,
Super Simple White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup neutral olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar or more to taste
- 2 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake well. Store in refrigerator for up to a month.