Asian Chicken Salad with Asian Vinaigrette
A rainbow of colorful and healthy ingredients, delightful textures, and savory Asian flavors makes this Asian Chicken Salad a favorite.
I’m not sure if it’s all the delicious salad ingredients or the dressing I love more.
But I’m hooked!Jump to Recipe
To begin, give your chicken a nice soak in this easy Asian Marinade.
Chicken thighs will take on flavor within 30 minutes. You want to marinate chicken breasts 5-6 hours, but any amount of time is better than no marinade at all.
After marinating the chicken, you can pan sear or oven roast the chicken. Always allow the chicken 5-10 minutes resting time before slicing. This allows the juices time to redistribute.
Your Asian Chicken Salad should include a variety of colorful veggies. I like purple cabbage, shredded carrots and lettuce as the base.
Sliced scallions, fresh cilantro, and edamame are key.
And don’t forget mandarin oranges, a signature ingredient.
Sliced almonds or roasted cashews are a wonderful addition. Crispy wonton strips bring a crave-worthy crunch factor.
The marinated chicken is super tender and juicy and full of flavor. The Asian Marinade brings a subtle heat that’s balanced by the other savory ingredients.
Asian Vinaigrette makes this salad. It’s bursting with sesame, soy and ginger flavors, and just a touch of sweetness from honey.
You can easily make this salad a day in advance. You’ll just wait to slice the chicken and add the crispy wonton strips and dressing. A great lunch option is to stuff your favorite wrap with this delicious salad!
Don’t forget to follow us @LemonyThyme on Instagram and Facebook! And check out our latest TikTok videos and Pinterest boards too!
All my best,
Asian Chicken Salad
For the Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Asian Marinade See recipe link post
For the Salad
- 3 hearts of romaine chopped
- 1-2 cups purple cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup crispy wonton strips
- 1 cup mandarin orange segments
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Asian Vinaigrette See recipe link in post
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds for garnish
For the Chicken
- Combine marinade ingredients in a zipper top bag or bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat well. Refrigerate chicken breasts for 5-6 hours (preferred) or chicken thights from 30 minutes – 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill, pan sear, or oven bake until cooked through. Allow to rest 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve on top of Asian Salad.
For the Salad
- In a large bowl, add all salad ingredients including sliced cooked chicken. Toss with Asian Vinaigrette, garnish with sesame seeds and serve in individual bowls or plates.
Such a simple and refreshing Summer Salad
I don’t know about you, but I crave this salad!