Every once in a while the stars and the moon align and we stumble upon USDA ‘Prime’ Beef at our wholesale club. Typically reserved for restaurants, Prime beef is a high quality ultra tender grade. And for me tender is where it’s at.
Because these steaks were already guaranteed to be so juicy and delicious, we simply seasoned them with salt and pepper then pan seared them in a cast iron skillet. A technique that we’ve yet to perfect (perfect as in performing this method without coating the kitchen in fat and setting off a smoke alarm or two), however we continue on in our pursuit of perfection.
We did have some flavor fun with the Worcestershire-Chive Compound Butter. I found this RECIPE on Epicurious which paired perfectly with our New York Strip Steaks. Just listen to this simple yet flavorful ingredients list: butter, shallot, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard and fresh chives. We let that glorious butter melt over these mouth-watering steaks….oh my holy wow.
We served our steaks with a Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing.
Topped with Maple Bacon Pecan Cheese Balls. And we never looked back!
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 Tbl. chopped fresh chives
- Melt 1 Tbl. butter in heavy small skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté until transparent, about 1 minute. Transfer shallot mixture to bowl.
- Add remaining 7 Tbl. butter, 1 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp. dry mustard and 2 Tbl. chives and stir with fork to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place plastic wrap on work surface. Transfer butter mixture to plastic wrap and form butter into 5-inch-long log. Roll up in plastic, enclosing completely.
- Refrigerate until firm.
12,461 total views, 2 views today