Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing is probably the number one dish I’m assigned for a group dinner. It’s just so darn good. I bring it willingly because I know we’ll be treated to amazing stuffed mushrooms, cheesy potato casserole, and marinated flat iron steak. We all have our dish.
The other key component of a super Spinach Salad is the Warm Bacon Dressing. Browned bacon with shallot alone will make your kitchen sing. Add olive oil, vinegar, brown sugar, cayenne, salt & pepper and your kitchen begins to dance. *Adjust ingredients according to taste. That may seem lazy but that’s what we do…you know your own level of vinegar vs. brown sugar love. You also know if you like a little kick. Get happy.
- Fresh spinach
- ½ lb. bacon browned and crumbled, reserve drippings
- 3 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small shallots thinly sliced
- 2 Tbl. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- dash cayenne
- Sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1 cup sugared pecans
- 6-8 Parmesan crisps
- Brown bacon and remove to drain, reserving bacon drippings in pan.
- Add olive oil and sliced shallot and saute until browned.
- Add vinegar, brown sugar, cayenne, salt & pepper and warm over medium heat.
6,528 total views, 1 views today