I’ve just spent 30 minutes debating about what to call this latest Chili Masterpiece. Something in me strongly protests anytime I want to use the words ‘Greatest’ or ‘The Best’ in a recipe title. It’s very literal.
“How do we know it’s the best chili if we haven’t tried all chilis?” Okay, fine. Can we compromise and say that this is Our Best Chili Yet? Agreed! We’ve never experienced Chili even close to this unctuous vat of love.
Our Best Chili Yet
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground hot sausage we used Jimmy Dean Hot
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 3 jalapenos diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 soft beef bullion cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups favorite tomato sauce we used Rao’s
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbl. cumin
- 1 Tbl. dark chili powder
- 1 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground oregano
- Brown ground beef and ground sausage in a Dutch oven until cooked through. Drain and reserve.
- Add onions, jalapenos and garlic to pan and sauté until tender. Season with beef bullion, water and remaining ingredients, including browned beef and sausage. Bring to a simmer and slow cook for 2-3 hours on stovetop or in slow-cooker.
6,193 total views, 6 views today