Homemade vinaigrettes are so versatile. And delicious. With oil and vinegar as your base, the flavor pairings are endless. Lemony Thyme Vinaigrette is of course loaded with fresh herbs, freshly squeezed lemon juice, some wonderful aromatics and a nice quality extra virgin olive oil.Jump to Recipe
I chose lemony thyme and parsley for my herbs and shallot and garlic for my aromatics. A splash of champagne vinegar and freshly squeezed lemon juice are the acidic elements. For the olive oil I used a nice finishing oil. I’m really just beginning to understand the wonderful nuances of olive oil varieties. Not an expert but I definitely appreciate a bright ‘green’ EVOO.
Lemony Thyme Vinaigrette was the perfect pairing with our Butter Bean Salad. Hope you’ll give both recipes a try. Enjoy!
Lemony Thyme Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (lemony thyme and parsley) leaves only
- 1 small shallot rough chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic peeled
- 2 Tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a small food chopper or blender. Puree.
- Store in air tight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
568 total views, 1 views today