Lemony Thyme Vinaigrette is of course loaded with fresh herbs, freshly squeezed lemon juice, some wonderful aromatics and a nice quality extra virgin olive oil.
Homemade vinaigrettes are so versatile.
With oil and vinegar as your base, the flavor pairings are endless.Jump to Recipe
I chose lemony thyme and parsley for my herbs and shallot and garlic for my aromatics.
A splash of champagne vinegar and freshly squeezed lemon juice are the acidic elements.
For the olive oil I used a nice finishing oil.
I’m really just beginning to understand the wonderful nuances of olive oil varieties. Not an expert but I definitely appreciate a bright ‘green’ EVOO.
Lemony Thyme Vinaigrette was the perfect pairing with our Butter Bean Salad. Hope you’ll give both recipes a try. Enjoy!
All my best,
Lemony Thyme Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (lemony thyme and parsley) leaves only
- 1 small shallot rough chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic peeled
- 2 Tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a small food chopper or blender. Puree.
- Store in air tight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.