I am a self proclaimed lover of all meatloaves and meatballs. I can’t recall a meat-loaf combination that I didn’t love. I’m rather proud of our Greek Meatloaf recipe. We use ground chicken, which on it’s own is fairly bland. No worries. Here’s how we bring full blown flavor to this dish.
There’s something about mixing savory aromatics, select seasonings, and fine diced veggies with
meat protein. Doesn’t have to be ‘meat’ as we know it. I love a great nutloaf or mushroom/veggie combo. Our Greek Chicken Meatloaf with Spinach & Feta incorporates classic Mediterranean flavors like fresh oregano, lemon zest, garlic and pungent feta cheese. Trust me. This meatloaf can handle all of these punchy flavors and might be as good leftover as it is on day one.
- 1½ lbs. ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups fresh spinach leaves, rough chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 Tbl. fresh oregano or parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice or zest
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil a standard loaf pan.
- Mix all ingredients by hand until just combined. Turn out into oiled pan. Place loaf pan on baking sheet and place on middle rack of preheated oven.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until internal temperature is 165 degrees. Allow to rest for 10-minutes before slicing.
115,255 total views, 57 views today