With summer in full swing, it was time to recreate one of my most favorite Lemony Thyme comfort food recipes.
These burgers have all the fresh bright flavors that Greek food brings – lemon, fresh oregano, spinach, feta, aaahhhhh. They are super moist, easy to make and reheat beautifully.Jump to Recipe
You can easily double the recipe and have them for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow! When reheated it’s quite possible that the flavors are even brighter.
I love to pair these burgers with Greek Style Potato Wedges to take everyday Burgers & Fries to a whole new level. You’ll absolutely love the combination! Make an easy lemon aioli to spread on your burger and dunk your fries into!
These juicy Greek Style Chicken Burgers are so full of flavor. The lemon and garlic are front and center and the fresh oregano shines through.
Does your family have a go-to burger recipe? We like to mix it up and experiment with new flavor combinations. I’d love for you to share some of your favorites in the comments below. Your feedback keeps the burger love grillin’!!
All my best,
Greek Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves rough chopped
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic & herb seasoning or garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tbl olive oil for pan frying, more if needed
- 4 burger buns or lettuce wraps optional
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl, then form into four burger patties.
- Heat cast iron or heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil, then pan fry burgers 5-7 minutes per side until golden brown. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.