With summer in full swing, it was time to recreate one of my most favorite Lemony Thyme comfort food recipes. We turned our Greek Chicken Meatloaf into Greek Chicken Burgers. They have all the fresh bright flavors that Greek food brings – lemon, fresh oregano, spinach, feta, aaahhhhh. They are super moist, easy to make and reheat beautifully.Jump to Recipe
You can easily double the recipe and have them for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow!
Pair them with Greek Style Potato Wedges to take everyday Burgers & Fries to a whole new level.
Greek Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves rough chopped
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbl fresh oregano chopped
- 1 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbl fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning or garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbl olive oil for pan frying, more if needed
- 4 burger buns or lettuce wraps optional
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl, then form into four burger patties.
- Heat cast iron or heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil, then pan fry burgers 5-7 minutes per side until golden brown. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
826 total views, 10 views today