Peach, Berry & Basil Fruit Salad with Orange Vinaigrette.
Something special happens when the warm orange vinaigrette meets the sliced peaches and berries. Something really special. This wonderful Peach, Berry & Basil Fruit Salad is sweet and sexy enough to be served as dessert. I say let ’em eat dessert for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
This is the second Cooking Light recipe that I’ve shared, in as many days, that allows me to incorporate fresh tender basil leaves. Not sure if I’m more excited about my fresh herbs bursting with love or to share some lightened up recipes. I hope you enjoy the direction we’re headed.
Never fear, with me you can be assured Adventures in Chocolate are always lingering in the shadows. There are simply those times that fruit doesn’t compare to chocolate, even when it’s this good.
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1½ Tbl. sugar
- 1½ Tbl. champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbl. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbl. butter
- pinch of salt
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, halved
- 2-3 small ripe peaches or nectarines, each cut into 8 wedges
- ¼ cup small fresh basil leaves
- Combine the first three ingredients in a small sauce pan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to ½ cup (about 15 minutes). Add olive oil, butter, and salt to pan, stirring with a whisk. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Combine strawberries, blueberries, and peaches in a large bowl. Add warm vinaigrette just before serving. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves.
35,901 total views, 1 views today