Pappardelle with Lemony Thyme Roasted Mushrooms.
When I saw this gorgeous Baked Lemon & Thyme Mushrooms recipe from Simple Provisions I knew in an instant that it would become a favorite. But instead of serving it as an appetizer with crostini, why not make it a Meatless Monday Meal.
These oven roasted mushrooms would also be amazing as a side dish. The lemony thyme and nutty Parmesan cheese go so nicely together. We first discovered this fabulous combination when we paired them in our Lemony Thyme Orzotto.
The oven roasted mushrooms are then added to sautéed shallot and garlic, which is precisely where the sauce begins to build. Reserved cooking liquid from the pappardelle, cream, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg are added to the mushrooms. The tender pappardelle noodles are then gently tossed to coat. Pappardelle with Lemony Thyme Roasted Mushrooms is a simple yet elegant dish, that is full of flavor.
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lemon, zest & juice
- 1 Tbl. fresh lemony thyme
- 3 Tbl. olive oil
- sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
- 4 ounces uncooked pappardelle pasta
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- ⅓ cup cream
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 tsp. truffle oil
- flat leaf parsley or fresh lemony thyme for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sliced mushrooms in a single layer on a shallow rimmed baking sheet. Combine the zest of the lemon, with minced lemony thyme, and olive oil. Pour over mushrooms. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt & freshly cracked pepper. Stir to coat. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes; stirring midway through.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes or until al dente; drain reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile heat 1 Tbl. olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté shallot and garlic, 2-3 minutes. Add in mushrooms, lemon juice, ¼ cup reserved cooking liquid, cream, ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese, cooked pasta, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Toss well to combine; drizzle with truffle oil. Divide between two plates. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and parsley.
10,691 total views, 1 views today