Apple, Smoked Bacon & White Cheddar Quesadillas.
What you see is what you get and oh my my, it’s plenty. Four ingredients that play so nicely together. The tart yet sweet apple is wonderful with the sharp cheddar. And thick cut applewood smoked bacon adds a bit of salty to the mix. We enjoyed this for breakfast, but I could be very happy pairing our Apple, Smoked Bacon & White Cheddar Quesadilla with a side salad and calling it lunch.
I remember that my mom always served apple pie with a slice of cheddar cheese. As a young girl I did not get that…at all. Vanilla ice cream. Yes. Cheese. Why?
Apparently our taste buds do mature because apples and cheddar cheese are meant to be together. These Apple, Smoked Bacon & White Cheddar Quesadillas certainly prove that. Enjoy.
- 6 slices thick cut smoked bacon, cooked crispy
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook bacon in a large skillet. Once crispy brown, drain on paper towels. Pour off all but a small amount of the bacon drippings.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add one flour tortilla, then layer 3 slices of bacon, half of the apple slices and half of the shredded cheddar to one side of the tortilla. Fold the tortilla making a sandwich. Cook until golden brown. Turn over gently and cook the other side until golden. Cut into wedges. Repeat with second tortilla and fillings.
4,572 total views, 3 views today