Orange Vanilla Vinaigrette.
One thing I’ve vowed to master in 2014 is salad dressings. I’ve had a few successes in the past but more often than not…..flops!
Take my last attempt at a Maple Walnut Vinaigrette. I gathered all my ingredients, even pictured them in their glory. Broke out my trusty little food processor, added the ingredients, drizzled olive oil through the hole and slowly watched it transform into mud. Okay, we could dress it up and call it Maple Walnut Gourmet Butter….but who are we kidding. It was dark brown sludgy mud.
Perhaps it was that flop that inspired Santa to bite the bullet and order me the coveted Vitamix blender for Christmas.
My Vitamix hadn’t been out of it’s package an hour when I was nose deep in the cookbook looking for….a salad dressing recipe. I had to rebuild my confidence in this department. I chose this Orange Vanilla Vinaigrette recipe first because I love the flavor combination, secondly because we had everything on hand and this girl was chomping at the bit to give my new toy a whirl.
This dressing is so creamy and delicious. It paired perfectly with our Orange, Persimmon & Pomegranate Salad.
- 2 oranges, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1 lemon, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1 Tbl. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbl. honey
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 dash hot sauce
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1½ cups extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients except olive oil into blender container. Secure lid and begin Variable 1 speed then increase gradually to Variable 4.
- Blend for 20 seconds or until smooth. Reduce speed to Variable 1. Remove the lid plug.
- Slowly pour olive oil through the lid opening until emulsified.
4,253 total views, 2 views today