How to Oven Roast Garlic
For the purpose of this How to Oven Roast Garlic post, we will use aluminum foil.
Even though I actually own a Terracotta Garlic Roaster, which works very well.
However, several years ago I discovered that aluminum foil works just as well….and no clean-up required.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Keeping the heads of garlic in tact, remove the papery layers.
- Cut 1/4-inch off the top of each head of garlic and place on a piece of aluminum foil or in your clay garlic baker.
- Drizzle each head with 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Seal your foil pouches. You will need to be able to open and possibly reseal for further roasting, so be neat about it :)
- Place on center oven rack (can use baking sheet if roasting multiple heads). Roast for 40-45 minutes. Test for doneness by gently pushing on the cloves. They should feel very soft. You’ll want a little caramelization.
- To remove garlic cloves from head, turn over and gently squeeze. Store in an air tight container in refrigerator or freeze.
Roasted Garlic is one of our favorite aromatics. Roasting mellows the garlic, taking it from sharp to almost sweet. It’s delicious simply spread on crostini. We also love it on Shelby’s Yummus Hummus.
Roasted Garlic is perfect whisked into Easy Baba Ghanoush.
It’s also the featured ingredient in our Roasted Garlic Bread Soup. Stardom I tell you.
Roasted Garlic Lemon Vinaigrette turns an ordinary salad into something extra special!
Don’t forget to follow us @LemonyThyme on Instagram and Facebook! And check out our latest TikTok videos and Pinterest boards too!
All my best,
oh yay for foil and your recipe on how to roast garlic…my husband loves garlic so the options are endless, thank you xoxo
We’ve got roasted garlic chicken pizza on the menu for this week. Definitely endless options. Thank you for your support. xoxo