Yesterday I described a fantastic salad I enjoyed recently. I’m recreating my favorite components, including Pico de Gallo and this amazing Black Bean Puree.
The salad was built on a thin layer of Black Bean Puree. It was creamy and full of flavor with hints of jalapeno, cilantro and cumin. I couldn’t get it out of my mind so naturally I had to recreate it.
Keep an eye out for this Black Bean Puree to make an appearance in a salad bowl very soon.
Black Bean Puree
- 1 can black beans rinsed & drained
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- salt to taste
- queso fresco to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and jalapeno until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and sauté for an additional 1 minute.
- Add in black beans and 1/2 cup broth. Bring to a simmer, stirring often. Allow to simmer until broth is mostly absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup of broth, cilantro and seasonings; heat through.
- Using an immersion blender or blender, puree to desired consistency.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of queso fresco cheese and tortilla chips.
81,245 total views, 16 views today