I am a huge fan of couscous and an even bigger fan of changing it up each time we make it. For Mushroom, Spinach & Herb Couscous, I add diced fresh mushrooms, and sliced scallions to the cooking water, along with a tablespoon of olive oil, a teaspoon of fine chopped fresh lemony thyme, and about a 1/2 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning.
Fluff the couscous with a fork and gently fold in a couple of handfuls of fresh spinach leaves. Return the lid and allow the spinach to wilt for a few minutes before serving. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Mushroom, Spinach & Herb Couscous you can be my sidekick any day!!
- 1 cup couscous
- 3 oz. fresh mushrooms, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. fresh lemony thyme, finely chopped
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- ½ tsp. Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach leaves, stems trimmed
- salt & pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, add 1¼ cups water, mushrooms, scallions, thyme, olive oil, and Mrs. Dash seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in couscous, cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and gently stir in fresh spinach. Cover and allow spinach to wilt before serving, 3-4 minutes. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
18,069 total views, 1 views today