I should have named this my “Chicken or the Egg Pizza” because I couldn’t tell you which came first, our desire to make Pizza or to make Homemade BBQ Sauce and Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing. Both of which found their way onto this BBQ Chicken Pizza.
We recently made a batch of Buttermilk Ranch Dressing and I confessed that my favorite way to enjoy ranch dressing was drizzled on top of BBQ Pizza. There’s something about the cool ranch flavor and the tangy BBQ sauce together that makes me happy happy. Once the confession had been made I couldn’t get the thought of that pizza out of my mind.
Which led to me requesting a jar of Homemade BBQ Sauce. I love this stuff. It’s a little sweet with just a bit of heat. Perfect for BBQ Chicken Pizza. All I needed now was the pizza dough, and we just happened to have a really easy bread machine pizza dough recipe on the blog.
We topped our pizza dough with BBQ sauce, grilled chicken breast and red onion slices, shredded cheeses and served it with a drizzle of homemade ranch dressing. It had been years since I’ve had BBQ Chicken Pizza and it was just as good as I remember.
- 1 Bread Machine Pizza Dough recipe or favorite dough
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled & cut into cubes
- 1 red onion, thick sliced and grilled
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup B's Homemade BBQ Sauce or favorite
- Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Prepare pizza dough according to recipe instructions. Link in post.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Once dough is ready for the oven, transfer to pizza stones or pans and proceed with toppings. BBQ sauce, grilled chicken, grilled onions, and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 12 - 18 minutes, depending on thickness of crust.
3,956 total views, 2 views today