Oh my word. Mexican Street Corn makes me want to board a plane and head to Mexico. Wait, I just made this incredible corn at home in 30 minutes.
Do you ever experience a food that you’ve enjoyed hundreds of times before in your life and feel as if you were discovering it for the first time? Mexican Street Corn did that for me. I am on record when it comes to my fixation with corn. Love it every which way you can think to serve it. How did this fabulous recipe elude me for so many years. I promise I will make up for lost time.
Shelby declared years ago that she could no longer watch me eat corn on the cob. I’m passionate…what can I say. Tonight, as soon as the last picture was taken, I dove it. I’m not sure she’ll be able to look at me again tonight. But she will soon share in my love of Mexican Street Corn. And so will you.
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup queso fresco (Mexican crumbling cheese)
- 2 Tbl. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbl. fine diced red onion
- 2 Tbl. fine diced jalapeno
- 2 Tbl. cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- salt & pepper
- Peel back corn husks, leaving attached at stalk; remove silk. Soak corn in water for 30 minutes. Grill, steam, or oven roast until tender.
- Coat roasted corn with mayonnaise, then sprinkle with chili powder, queso fresco, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, salt & pepper. Serve with lime wedges.
25,105 total views, 4 views today