Autumn Thyme, we look forward to your arrival. May we tempt you with a Caramel Apple Martini?
Picture note1: Did you notice the most beautiful piece of weathered wood in the picture above? It’s just one of several that were hand delivered to me this week. They were EXACTLY what I was looking for. Hogs & Fishes to some very special folks.
Picture note2: It’s September and we’re ready to welcome in fall. It’s also still very much summer in Georgia (84 degrees at picture time). So please envision these beautiful cocktails served on a cool evening, with apple slices still coated in the caramel and chopped peanuts (that now lay on my gorgeous piece of weathered wood).
- 6 Tbl. packed brown sugar
- 1½ tsp. butter
- 2 Tbl. water
- 2 Granny Smith slices
- 1 Tbl. chopped peanuts
- 2 oz.sour apple-flavored schnapps
- 2 oz. butterscotch-flavored schnapps
- 2 oz apple-flavored vodka
- 2 cups ice
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave Caramel ingredients on High 40 to 60 seconds or just until it begins to boil. Dip each apple slice into caramel; sprinkle each with ½ tablespoon peanuts. Set aside. Cool remaining caramel slightly.
- Spoon cooled caramel into each of 2 martini glasses. Place glasses in freezer while making martinis.
- In martini shaker, place schnapps, liqueur and vodka; shake well. Strain into chilled martini glasses. Garnish with caramel-dipped apple slices.
24,344 total views, 1 views today