Jamaican Jerk Sugar Cane Shrimp.
Jamaican Jerk marinated tender shrimp.
Skewered on sugar cane.
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 pkg. sugar cane skewers
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbl. canola oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 Tbl. orange marmalade
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Serrano pepper, diced
- 2 Tbl. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- shot of hot sauce
- generous handful of fresh cilantro, leaves & stems
- Scallions and fresh cilantro for garnish
- Combine marinade ingredients. Pour into a large zipper top bag with shrimp. Marinate for 20 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade and gently skewer with sugar cane.(5-6 shrimp per). Reserve marinade.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. In a small saucepan bring marinade to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes. Grill shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side or until opaque.
- Serve shrimp with drizzle of reduced marinade and sprinkle of fresh cilantro and scallion.
5,050 total views, 1 views today