Okay these were a hit. Fresh asparagus coated in panko breadcrumbs then baked to crispy perfection. Asparagus Fries. Look at you giving Zucchini Fries a run for their money.
Seasoned flour, egg wash, seasoned panko breadcrumbs, then onto a rack lined baking sheet. Into a 450 degree oven for 10 minutes until nice and crispy. That’s it. Serve ’em up. I served our Asparagus Fries with a side of Maple Dijon Dipping Sauce.
Found this recipe on my personal Facebook page. My sister is always on the look out for me/us type recipes and shares ideas on my page. Let’s all thank Sarah for these yummy Asparagus Fries.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp. of favorite seasoning
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Dredge the asparagus in the flour combined with seasoning, dip them in the egg and then into a mixture of the panko breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Place the asparagus on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 450 oven until golden brown, about 10 - 12 minutes.
- Combine ingredients and chill.
7,440 total views, 2 views today